roxieb73

Tests Results Are In.....

Rate this topic

Blood tests..... Negative

Gene tests..... Double HLA DQ1 Subtypes (5,6)

Vitamin panels...... low in B-12,Iron,Folic Acid,low normal Mag, Severe Vitamin D deficiency

Leg biopsy....... Inconclusive could be DH, could be Lichen Planus but wouldn't commit to either. (both autoimmune Gluten reactions) Final diagnosis... Fibrosis, with T-cell changes. (I don't have the report with me so I am just trying to remember)

Endoscopy....... Hiatal Hernia otherwise normal biospsy... negative

Gluten free one week and already feeling better. Walking is a bit easier (still can't walk to car without pain but at least I can now get half way) ;)

I will be staying gluten free just wish I had more concrete evideince as to why I am doing this. :(

Thoughts anyone?????????

Roxie

I ahve double DQ1 too, and usually we test negative on blood tests.

But I have DH too (no diagnosis) and that does not need DQ2 or 8.

The antibodies for DH are ttg-3, and for gluten ataxia are ttg-6 (there are tests for those but I have never heard of any one getting them)

I ahve double DQ1 too, and usually we test negative on blood tests.

But I have DH too (no diagnosis) and that does not need DQ2 or 8.

The antibodies for DH are ttg-3, and for gluten ataxia are ttg-6 (there are tests for those but I have never heard of any one getting them)

Oh wow was just reading your info in your signature. My rash on my leg is almost 3 months old. :( No wonder they couldn't diagnose it. Grrr Oh well. I guess it really doesn't matter. They did confirm that it is a gluten related rash. That comfirmed it for me. Especially after all the info I have gotten here on being double DQ1. All I need to know is my symptoms are starting to get better and that is enough for me. ;)

You seem to be the go to person to interpret test results and that has been a huge help for me. Thank you Nora!