This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Anyone Tried Those Gf Oreo Type Things?

skoki-mom

skoki-mom Explorer

I spotted these chocolate sandwich cookie type things at the organic food store today, says they are gluten-free. I'm just wondering if they are any good. Can't remember the brand name, sorry. I sorta wanted to try them, but if they are going to ruin the memory of Oreos for the rest of my life, forget it! LOL

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest gfinnebraska

I love the "fake" oreos that I have tried. Go for it!!! I find them pretty small to actually dunk in milk, but they still do the trick every time!! :)

BRCoats Enthusiast
I love the "fake" oreos that I have tried.  Go for it!!!  I find them pretty small to actually dunk in milk, but they still do the trick every time!!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kimberly,

What's the name brand of the one's you get?

~Brenda

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Glutano has some that are not too bad but not too great either(in my opinion that is)

skoki-mom Explorer
Kimberly,

What's the name brand of the one's you get?

~Brenda

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah Kim, tell us what kind they are!

frenchiemama Collaborator

I got some of the Midel ones and I wasn't impressed. They were WAY too sweet for me.

skoki-mom Explorer
I got some of the Midel ones and I wasn't impressed. They were WAY too sweet for me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Y'know, now that I see the brand name, I think that's what kind they were! Thanks for the input!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

grantschoep Contributor

I broke down last week and ordered some of the Mi-Del and the Glutano oreo type cookies. I liked the Mi-Del a bit more. Liked them both. The Mi-Del were a bit hard, but then I left the package open for a few days, and am not running my humidifier right now, so that tends to try things out pretty well.

PicturePerfect Explorer

I have pretty much given up on Oreo-type gluten-free cookies - none of them will taste the same :( ... but, if there is a good one out there PLEASE tell me!! I have been wanting them badly!!!

Lisa

ILOVEOMC Enthusiast
:D If you can have dairy then try dunking them in milk. We just tried the Midel this week and they were too hard for my son who is 12 and losing molars, OUCH! I liked them though.
rache Apprentice

i think i tried the Midel ones- blue package? NOT impressed at all. ew. the filling was kind of sweet, and the cookie part was more of a cracker. i think i ended up throwing them away. my mom used them in baking (crumbed them up to make a dessert) and it wasnt as bad as eatng them plain.

laurelfla Enthusiast

i tried glutano, which i was told was as close to Oreos as we could get.... there was a definite wang (whang? sp?) to them. i wouldn't buy them again... the creme was waaaaay off!

Archived