Rate this topic

does pepto bismo work or is it going to constipate me.Then you get gas from that.I cant win

I was told by my doctor, who was trying to help me avoid a vicious cycle to avoid taking any diarrhea medications if at all possible. He said by all means, if I am constipated for more than a few days and high fiber foods aren't working to take something for it. But if I just start taking pepto or something similar every time I get a little D I'll find myself in a cycle I can't break out of that is perpetuated by all the medications.

Now by no means am I dispensing medical advice, just passing along what my doctor told me. When I take pepto it's like sticking a potato in a tail-pipe. Not everyone reacts that way, but for those of us who do it can do more harm than good. Sometimes all we can do is grab a good book and stay close to the bathroom.

Pepto did help my stomach pain and I still use it when I get soyed. The only thing that helped the D was Immodium and I kept that company in business for 15 years.

does pepto bismo work or is it going to constipate me.Then you get gas from that.I cant win

Pepto did nothing to help my gluten-related D. I never found anything that helped...other than quitting gluten.

For me, Pepto helps a bit with nausea, but for diarrhea, I use Immodium. I use it as needed and have for years.