bartfull

Anyone Ever Get Nightshades Back?

Rate this topic

Now that I have found out I can eat corn starch again I'm itching to get some of the other foods back that I have lost. I know the reason I got corn back is because I have finally healed enough that my body isn't mistaking corn for gluten.

Nightshades are different though. They never gave me even the slightest digestive symptoms, just psoriasis and insomnia. The same with high sals foods. I was just wondering if any of you have successfully added them back to your diets.

I won't be trying them soon. I'm just going to enjoy the Udi's and be thankful. But I would dearly love a potato once in a while, and if I could get blueberries back I would be SO happy!

Thanks.

I had to go low sal to heal my DH rash. Since the rash has healed, I am able to eat sals with no problem. All berries are high in sals. This season I've eaten blueberries, cherries, raspberries and mango to my hearts content without having anything in the way of a skin reaction. (Sorry :( )

I think in my case the sals only effect me if I have an active DH rash. When my rash was active, anytime I ate fruit and thereby sals, I would get intense burning and stinging in the rash.

I got dairy, sals and iodine back.

I hope you get some things back too. :)

No nightshades for me. Udi's has potato starch in it, so you are eating nightshades already. Udi's makes me bleed, so not a good idea for moi.

I never even thought about the potato starch in Udi's. Now I'm REALLY excited. I'm going to wait a while, and maybe next month I'll buy a potato and see what happens.

The only drawback is, if I can eat Udi's and potatoes both, I know I'm going to gain back some of that 40+ pounds that I lost. ESPECIALLY if I can eat potato chips again! Kettle Brand, here I come! :lol: