kiddo88

Pictures Of Endoscopy?

Rate this topic

If I post pictures of my upper endoscopy, would it be possible to tell if celiac or GI is likely from just looking at them?

Probably not. Many times damage is only visible upon examination under a microscope by a pathologist. In my own case my GI told me that I had gastritis and duodenitis (inflammation) that was visible on the photos. When you have your follow-up appointment, make sure you pick up an actual copy of the pathology report.

Probably not. Many times damage is only visible upon examination under a microscope by a pathologist. In my own case my GI told me that I had gastritis and duodenitis (inflammation) that was visible on the photos. When you have your follow-up appointment, make sure you pick up an actual copy of the pathology report.

Thanks, but this was in 2009. :/ I think I just need to make a new apt. He did a biopsy and said it came back fine, but wasn't specific.

Thanks, but this was in 2009. :/ I think I just need to make a new apt. He did a biopsy and said it came back fine, but wasn't specific.

I would ask for a copy of the biopsy results from 2009, which he should have in your file. At least then you can see exactly what the report said.