gatita

Oh Happy Day!

Rate this topic

Just had to shout. For the first time in months, on Thursday I finally had a day (and then another and now, today) with hardly any GI symptoms!!!! Wow, I forgot what it felt like.

I've been gluten-free for two months exactly and this is the first real relief I've felt. The numbness and severe joint pains I've had since January are getting better, too.

I realize I am very, very fortunate compared to those of you who have suffered for years. Although I've had symptoms all my life (my mom was told I had celiac as a baby, but then we all forgot about it), I became acutely ill in June.

By July my MD put me on a gluten-free diet and in August, he did more tests and gave me the diagnosis. That's probably record time. I know this new cease-fire down there may not last, but for now it feels wonderful! :D

So for others just starting out, yes, it does get better!

I am so happy for you! Nothing feels quite as good as feeling GOOD! I hope it continues, and it is wonderful to hear that you were able to get help without years of struggle.

WOOT!

Just had to shout. For the first time in months, on Thursday I finally had a day (and then another and now, today) with hardly any GI symptoms!!!! Wow, I forgot what it felt like.

I've been gluten-free for two months exactly and this is the first real relief I've felt. The numbness and severe joint pains I've had since January are getting better, too.

I realize I am very, very fortunate compared to those of you who have suffered for years. Although I've had symptoms all my life (my mom was told I had celiac as a baby, but then we all forgot about it), I became acutely ill in June.

By July my MD put me on a gluten-free diet and in August, he did more tests and gave me the diagnosis. That's probably record time. I know this new cease-fire down there may not last, but for now it feels wonderful! :D

So for others just starting out, yes, it does get better!

That is super cool! I'm glad your on the mend and there will be rough patches but keep up the diet and always be cautious of adding new things (research research).

Yeah!

Thank you so much for the good wishes. :)

I made it five whole days feeling totally fabulous (my record since dx).

But then I was soooo stupid this morning. I used a jam jar my housemate used for his toast.

I thought if I looked the jam over super carefully and didn't see any crumbs, I'd be okay. :(

So wrong! I guess I am among the super sensitive... Going to a wedding this weekend and I think I'll just bring my own food!!!