alicia534

Need Help Interpreting Hla Results

Rate this topic

Hi I am new here and I need some help. My 14 month old has been having problems with constipation since he was 8 months. He had a celiac panel ran but he doesn't produce IgA. We had the HLA testing done and he tested positive for DQ2. I understand that, but I am having trouble with some of the results. It was done throuh Labcorp.

Results:

DQ2 (DQA1 0501/0505, DQB1 02XX) POSITIVE

DQ8 (DQA 03XX, DQB1 0302)

Final Results:

DQA1*04:01, 05:01

DQB1*02:01,04:02

Does this mean he has 4 alleles of the DQ2 gene? If so that would mean he has 2 copies of the DQ2 gene, correct? I have a BS in Cell and Molecular biology so this isn't completely foreign to me, I'm just having some difficulty reading the results. We have a follow up with the GI next month and I want to be prepared.

Hi I am new here and I need some help. My 14 month old has been having problems with constipation since he was 8 months. He had a celiac panel ran but he doesn't produce IgA. We had the HLA testing done and he tested positive for DQ2. I understand that, but I am having trouble with some of the results. It was done throuh Labcorp.

Results:

DQ2 (DQA1 0501/0505, DQB1 02XX) POSITIVE

DQ8 (DQA 03XX, DQB1 0302)

Final Results:

DQA1*04:01, 05:01

DQB1*02:01,04:02

Does this mean he has 4 alleles of the DQ2 gene? If so that would mean he has 2 copies of the DQ2 gene, correct? I have a BS in Cell and Molecular biology so this isn't completely foreign to me, I'm just having some difficulty reading the results. We have a follow up with the GI next month and I want to be prepared.

Try Wiki, but i think he has DQ2.5 the most commonly associated with celiac.

Thank you frieze. I did figure it out. I think I just needed to take a break and look at it again. It does look like he has DQ2.5 and a DQ4 which the DQA1*0401, DQB1*0402 is associated with. He has been on a gluten free diet for a week now and I already see some improvement!