jwblue

Are These Blood Tests Sufficient?

Rate this topic

I posted a while ago asking what blood tests to take for Celiacs.

This is the response I got.

Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgA

Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgG

Anti-Endomysial (EMA) IgA

Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA

Deamidated Gliadin Peptide (DGP) IgA and IgG

Total Serum IgA

I found these tests on a lab website. Do these cover all of the tests listed above?

Celiac Disease Comprehensive AB Profile

Fasting Required: No

Specimen: Blood

Results: 4-5 Business days

Tests Included:

Endomysial Antibody, IgA - More sensitive and specific than gliadin antibodies for diagnosis of celiac disease.

Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody (tTG), IgA/IgG - A screening test commonly used when an individual is in a risk group for celiac disease, whether or not he/she has symptoms.

Immunoglobulin A, quantative - One of the most common antibodies in the body. It's used to evaluate autoimmune conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and celiac disease.

Deamidated Gliadin Antibody IgA/IgG - By measuring the levels of both IgA and IgG gliadin antibodies, doctors can assess the immune system's response to gluten.

It seems like the definition of comprehensive Celiacs testing varies between labs.

Does anyone know of any online labs I can go to that will provide all those tests without a doctor's prescription?

I do not any doctors visits available next year. I need them for other reasons.

Edited by jwblue

Here is one I found during a recent search -- it has a website...but utilizes many physical labs throughout the country:

http://www.healthcheckusa.com/Celiac-Disease-Antibody-Profile-Comprehensive/63473/

Here is one I found during a recent search -- it has a website...but utilizes many physical labs throughout the country:

http://www.healthche...ehensive/63473/

Thank you.

The way I am reading it, the tests on that website do not include the following:

Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgA

Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgG

Are those essential?

Of the Gliadin tests - the Demiated Gliadin Peptide is newer and preferable to the AGA.

The AGA tests antibodies created in response to one of the two proteins in gluten - Gliadin

The DGP tests antibodies created in response to the peptides that the Gliadin protein breaks into during digestion.

I usually tell folks to push their docs for all the tests you listed - but the AGA is the least important of the panel.

Of the Gliadin tests - the Demiated Gliadin Peptide is newer and preferable to the AGA.

The AGA tests antibodies created in response to one of the two proteins in gluten - Gliadin

The DGP tests antibodies created in response to the peptides that the Gliadin protein breaks into during digestion.

I usually tell folks to push their docs for all the tests you listed - but the AGA is the least important of the panel.

Great thanks.