Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

melon_uk

Testing Advice Needed Please

I've just come back from my GP who has ordered a blood test for coeliac on friday morning. The problem is i've been gluten free since july, I said to her that I need to be eating gluten for me to have any anti-bodies and she said that they will still show up. What do I do? i'm pretty sure that it will come back negative.

Should i start eating regular bread for breakfast, lunch and dinner? (kind of joking here really). The last time I had any gluten I was quite ill and had stomach probs lasting for weeks.....

Any advice anyone?

Can you see a doctor who isn't a moron? When the tests come back negative you can take a bunch of literature in with you, but a doctor probably won't respond well to an "I told you so" so I'm not really sure what else to say. I can't imagine any circumstances under which I would eat bread, I certainly wouldn't recommend it to someone else.

I had a positive blood test at 6 months grain. I figured out I was getting cross contamination. It turned out my buckwheat was processed on the same equipment as wheat and corn. You could take the test and see if it is positive. You can't trust it if it is negative though. I think there are many more blood tests then the antibody test. Someone else can make the list.

I hope you will get some definative answers, and mostly that you will feel better.

Diana

Thanx all, there is a small chance it could be positive (if it's celiac of course, though i know it's definitely gluten) as i know i've had some cross-contamination and a serious glutening in october. Last night in my internet meanderings I went to the Coeliac uk website and they have a group local to me who meet at the hospital and they specifically encourage people who are struggling to obtain a diagnosis to go along (they meet with gastroenterologists as well) so i'm going to contact them.

I'm feeling so much better since cutting out gluten but i know my body still has a way to go, though I can drink milk again now :)

I honestly don't know where I would have been if it hadn't been for all the folks on here, i've found out so much and read so many experiences similar to mine. It's been the most amazing help and I'm so grateful.