Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm about to start my two day prep for a colonoscopy and enoscopy. I read that red food dye should be avoided because it looks like inflation when in your intestines, but green and yellow (lime or lemon jello) is okay? Does anyone have suggestions on food?

I currently have power-aid, jello, broth, apple juice, and Popsicles. It looks very sad for two whole days worth of food.

Also, can I take my medications during this 2 day prep?

• adderall - ADD medication
  • dicyclomine - For stomach pain, anti-spasm i think
  • Narco - from ER for severe pain
  • Xanax - sleep/anxiety

It's really hard to get a hold of anyone at my GI office, so any information on the procedures would be welcomed. I was originally scheduled for 3 weeks from now, but got moved up thanks to my ER visit. I don't want to do anything to mess up my prep and have to do it again.

I have been down this road three times. My directive to limit my diet was shorter at 36 hours. I was told to continue to take my oral meds as usual the day prior to the procedure, but to take none on the morning of the exam. My procedures were all at 8 am. I took the day's doses after arriving back home.

I have been down this road three times. My directive to limit my diet was shorter at 36 hours. I was told to continue to take my oral meds as usual the day prior to the procedure, but to take none on the morning of the exam. My procedures were all at 8 am. I took the day's doses after arriving back home.

Thanks,

My procedure isn't until 1 pm on Thursday, and I can only have liquids starting Tuesday, with milk of Mag. at 7 am. So it will feel like forever I'm sure.

I'll stick with taking my meds on Tue. and Wed.

I'm about to start my two day prep for a colonoscopy and enoscopy. I read that red food dye should be avoided because it looks like inflation when in your intestines, but green and yellow (lime or lemon jello) is okay? Does anyone have suggestions on food?

I currently have power-aid, jello, broth, apple juice, and Popsicles. It looks very sad for two whole days worth of food.

Also, can I take my medications during this 2 day prep?

• adderall - ADD medication
  • dicyclomine - For stomach pain, anti-spasm i think
  • Narco - from ER for severe pain
  • Xanax - sleep/anxiety

It's really hard to get a hold of anyone at my GI office, so any information on the procedures would be welcomed. I was originally scheduled for 3 weeks from now, but got moved up thanks to my ER visit. I don't want to do anything to mess up my prep and have to do it again.

Disclaimer:contact physician....that said, the only routine med I see there is the adderal, I am not sure they would want to see you without that.....so, back to the disclaimer....the others you will probably do without. They will give you something for anxiety any way. good luck