Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MoMof2Boyz

How Low Does Total Serum Iga Have To Be, To Be Considered Deficient?

Just wondering,  is anything below the lab's range considered deficient or just low?  Seems like everything I find on the internet about this  mainly talks about selective IgA deficiency which is below 10(I think)...so if mine is at 76 and the low end of the range is 91 wouldn't that be considered deficient?  curious as to what others think? if you have a low total serum IgA did your doc say that you are deficient?

If the normal range for total IgA starts at 91, and your result is 76, I would definitely consider you to be IgA deficient.  To be sufficient you have to be within range.

Wow!  My IgA was 5.6.  My MD told me that I just wasn't an allergic person.  Meanwhile, I had been to her office with an allergic looking rash a month or so before???  That rash (I think) was caused by eating a minute quantity of mango skin.  It causes trouble like poison ivy.  My children said they eat it all the time with no problem.  At any rate, I saw a familiar cycle:  fatigue, swelling, irritated bladder.  I never could pinpoint a specific cause and follow the cycle before.