Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoblinQueen

Waiting For Biopsy Results

Hello everybody!

I had my endoscopy and intestinal biopsy today, and I am now in a holding pattern waiting for the results. I have dozens of symptoms and have had almost as many diagnoses. I'm sure hoping to get answers soon.

I also found out at my endoscopy today that I have a hiatal hernia, and that it's causing my acid reflux problems and chest pain. So, I guess, even if the biopsy comes back negative, it wasn't a completely wasted test.

My symptoms so far: abnormal bowel movements, I swing wildly back and forth between diarrhea and constipation, nausea, skin rash on my arms, legs, hands and scalp, mood swings, bloating, joint pain in my fingers, wrists, ankles and knees, migraines and abdominal pain.

I also had to have surgery back in 2009 to remove my gall bladded at the age of 22. I'm only 26 now, and I'm really hoping for a cure. Answers would be good,  but I want to live as normal a life as possible. I guess the only thing to do now is it sit back and wait for the results!

Welcome to the board.  :)

Your symptoms sound a LOT like celiac or non celiac gluten intolerance (NCGI). I think you are on the right track.  I hope you are feeling better soon.

Since the biopsy has been done, you can start the gluten free diet while you are waiting for results.  With your symptoms, I would give it a try no matter what the test results are . . . think of it as the "final" test.  Keep in mind you may (temporarily) feel worse before you get better.  No need to wait . . . 

Thanks everybody! I have indeed already started the gluten free diet. Its hard, but we're used to label reading in our house, so its not such a shock. I will update once I have my test results back, but I definitely feel like this is a step in the right direction!