Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSVD

Help With Test Results

My test results were: GLIADIN (DEAMIDATED) AB (IGA)      49         range<20

TISSUE TRANSGLUTAMINASE AB, IGA    10     range<4

Biopsy results were: Villous tip blunting and intraepithelial lymphocytosis and lymphoplasmacytic infiltrate suspicious with celiac sprue. Under clinical info it says: A. R/O sprue   B.  N/G

Doc said to go on gluten free diet, but I'm the type that needs to know for sure.

Can anyone help me? Maybe further testing will be more conclusive?

My test results were: GLIADIN (DEAMIDATED) AB (IGA)      49         range<20

TISSUE TRANSGLUTAMINASE AB, IGA    10     range<4

Biopsy results were: Villous tip blunting and intraepithelial lymphocytosis and lymphoplasmacytic infiltrate suspicious with celiac sprue. Under clinical info it says: A. R/O sprue   B.  N/G

Doc said to go on gluten free diet, but I'm the type that needs to know for sure.

Can anyone help me? Maybe further testing will be more conclusive?

That is a for sure. You need to stop gluten,

That is a for sure. You need to stop gluten,

Thank you so much for your reply:) I am feeling alone in all this. I have stopped gluten, but was wondering if it was really necessary.

Yes. You are positive on 3 out of 3 tests. It doesn't get much more positive than that.  :( Welcome to the board.

There is a lot of info around here so look through the threads. Ask questions or just vent. the people around here are very helpful and encouraging. And hang in there... the first few weeks are often the hardest, mentally and physically.

you're not alone - this is a good place to learn how to keep yourself eating safe and healing well.  soooo....

welcome to the best club you never wanted to join   :blink:

I started feeling better very quickly, within a few days, but I have read it is different for everyone. I already knew a lot about nutrition, and healthy eating. My diet has always been simple, whole foods with simple processing if any so it was easy for me to get the gluten out of my cabinets and fridge. That could of been a reason for my rapid improvement. 

I hate eating out, for so many years it was all I could do because of my work. That is all to say, I have not had a hard time changing this one thing. I don't know yet how sensitive I will be to accidentally contacting unrecognized gluten. 

I can say the benefit of only one thing, decreased pain and digestive problems, is by itself reward enough to make any effort worth the gain. That isn't the only benefit though. I think I'm like the blindfolded person asked to describe the nature of an elephant by holding it's tail. I have a sense of something large but as yet can only hold to a thin rope.

Hang on tight, ride that elephant  :D it's gonna be great!