Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tba8822

Relative Newbie, Need Advice

First of all, thank you for this site.  I forsee it being a great help in the future.  Let me first tell my story as consisely as possible.  I am a 52 year old male and have always had good health; overweight by as much as 50 lbs. at times, but I have rarely been sick and have alway had good numbers at my check ups (pb, cholesterol, ect).  About three years ago I had some experiences that caused me a great deal of stress and anxiety.  This was the gut wrenching, all consuming kind of anxiety that persisted for several months.  During this time, I began to experience some tingling and light twitching in my legs.  Stressful situation passed but the muscle fasciculations not only continued, but increased in intensity and has spread throughout my entire body.  I have also realized that I have lost my sense of smell.  I have been to a host of doctors over the last few years and have had enough blood drawn to fill a swimming pool.  I have had some slightly low and borderline test results that include B12, vit. D, calcium, and zinc to name a few.  I have supplemented as directed.

welcome!

I think it would be a good idea to get tested based on what you've written here.  check out this link for common vit/min deficiencies linked with celiac:

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/archives/faq/what-common-nutrient-deficiencies-might-an-adult-experience-prior-to-diagnosis

Below is the list for a celiac blood panel.  Your PCP/GP should be able to order these tests for you.

Comprehensive Celiac Panel:

DGP iga/igg

ttg iga/igg

EMA

Total iga serum-this is a control test to make sure you make enough iga to validate the other testing

check out page 12 in this report for testing information:

http://www.worldgastroenterology.org/assets/export/userfiles/2012_Celiac%20Disease_long_FINAL.pdf

hope this helps!

First of all, thank you for this site.  I forsee it being a great help in the future.  Let me first tell my story as consisely as possible.  I am a 52 year old male and have always had good health; overweight by as much as 50 lbs. at times, but I have rarely been sick and have alway had good numbers at my check ups (pb, cholesterol, ect).  About three years ago I had some experiences that caused me a great deal of stress and anxiety.  This was the gut wrenching, all consuming kind of anxiety that persisted for several months.  During this time, I began to experience some tingling and light twitching in my legs.  Stressful situation passed but the muscle fasciculations not only continued, but increased in intensity and has spread throughout my entire body.  I have also realized that I have lost my sense of smell.  I have been to a host of doctors over the last few years and have had enough blood drawn to fill a swimming pool.  I have had some slightly low and borderline test results that include B12, vit. D, calcium, and zinc to name a few.  I have supplemented as directed.