Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chucklestheclown

First Appointment With A G.i.

My first appointment was on Monday. I told the doctor all of the issues that I have been having over the last year. She said that since I've had a cholecystectomy that there is a thing called "Post gallbladder diarrhea" but she doesn't think that I have that because this started before I had issues with my gallbladder. Immediately she suggested bloodwork for my thyroid, a blood test called Celiac Serology, a few other blood tests that I'm not sure of, and scheduled me for an Upper Gi endoscopy, biopsy of the small intestine, and colonoscopy. Is this good that I didn't have to request these? Or are there tests I should have requested?

Also, my GI, biopsy, and colonoscopy are on July 5th :( So I'll have to start "prepping" for those at 5 pm on the 4th. Will it be safe to drink alcohol during the day on the 4th? (Not like hammered drunk, but casually drink..) or should I just avoid it all together? 

Sorry, to say that you'll be "prepping" the entire 4th.  All day long you'll be required to consume only clear liquids like broth, jello, Gatoraide (lemon or orange), Popsicles (no red, berry or grape), soda, tea or coffee (no creamers).  by 5:00 pm, you'll start the meds and will be visiting the bathroom a lot.  Have plenty of books on hand, or an ipad!  My hubby's doing the prep today!  Ugh!  

Alcohol dehydrates you.  So, don't drink it on the 4th!  

Did they not give you a list of instructions?