Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mezzanin

Do I Possibly Have Celiac's Disease?

Hi,

I know nobody here are doctors but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I gave up smoking in January 2013 and shortly after developed what seemed like a urine infection. After five negative tests, I came to believe I had Interstitial Cystiss. My symtoms are frequent urination, slight burning feeling before and after peeing.

Noticed I had a white tongue (which for five months I was told was not Candida) but tested last week as positive for it.

Sleep problems now lasting five months (constant) can fall asleep ok but wake after 4 hours and then can only sleep another hour. I often wake up sweating and seem quite red in the face.

Urgent bowel movements upon waking. Not quite diarrhoea but very loose. 

I have noticed that if I eat bread my stools are more frequent. If I don't for a few days then I still have an urgent need to go in the morning but it is not so loose (sorry for the TMI).

Also need to go more often in the day if I eat bread.

Feel fatigued but this could be lack of sleep.

Also get a burning sensation in my hands and feet.

I never had any problems until I was 44 and gave up smoking.

My vitamin D levels are fine

Not peri menopausal

Thyroid is fine

B12 is good

Been seen by a neurologist and rheumatologist

Does this seem like gluten intolerence to anyone.

The sleep issues are really getting to me

Oh and I have been suffering from anxiety too

It sounds like you should be tested for celiac.  You wouldn't want to continue with these discomforts if you didn't have to.  I hope you will get some definitive answers about the root of your problems that can be managed!

Get well  ***

D

I have a white tongue also lol well it comes and goes ! I was Dx'd with Celiac , I will see the Doc about white tongue :) I'd look into getting tested for Celiac if I were you!

A white tongue usually means you have candida (yeast). Probiotics and yogurt might help with that. I've found that everyone on our Forum has additional medical problems. My naturopath says mine all seem to be connective tissue disorders on top of the celiac. Feel free to PM me any time. 

A white tongue usually means you have candida (yeast). Probiotics and yogurt might help with that. I've found that everyone on our Forum has additional medical problems. My naturopath says mine all seem to be connective tissue disorders on top of the celiac. Feel free to PM me any time. 

So I have heard, thats why I am going togo to the Dr. When I get back from Vaca :)

Enjoy your vacation!!!