Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BelleVie

Does Candida Overgrowth Cause Increased Lymphocytes?

Does anyone know? I'm just wondering. I've been trying to narrow down what could be causing this in my blood work, if it turns out to not be gluten. 

Also, does anyone know if candida can cause lactose intolerance? It just occurred to me that, while I've been working for a long time from the gluten hypothesis, it is possible that candida could have been the source of a lot of my symptoms. How do you tell the difference? I guess that's a vague question, and there isn't really a clear answer. I've just been going back through my medical history and matching up symptoms and am trying to see if ones that I attributed to gluten could actually be candida. But while gluten free, I have definitely eaten my share of sweets, and still felt good most of the time. 

Does anyone know? I'm just wondering. I've been trying to narrow down what could be causing this in my blood work, if it turns out to not be gluten. 

Also, does anyone know if candida can cause lactose intolerance? It just occurred to me that, while I've been working for a long time from the gluten hypothesis, it is possible that candida could have been the source of a lot of my symptoms. How do you tell the difference? I guess that's a vague question, and there isn't really a clear answer. I've just been going back through my medical history and matching up symptoms and am trying to see if ones that I attributed to gluten could actually be candida. But while gluten free, I have definitely eaten my share of sweets, and still felt good most of the time. 

I recently ended a Candida 14 day testing to see if my rash was not DH but a systemic Candida outbreak.  My lymphocytes have not been increased.  I took Diflucan for 14 days, did not have sugar, took Garlic 3 x a day, took Oil of Oregano 3 x a day and was on a very strict intake of foods.  Low starch and only was to eat organic beef or chicken and vegetables.  My symptoms besides the rash were craving orange juice (lol) loose bm, brain fog, lactose intolerance.  I stopped drinking milk years ago but continued to eat cheese and yogurt. The doctor asked me to not eat any milk products.  The rash didn't go away so we are assuming Candida is not the cause of my rash.  I have continued gluten free and am not eating cheese or yogurt now.  

I have had 2 more biopsies and as I am a NH Lymphoma patient (in remission per PET scans) he is now checking for NH Lymphoma skin cancer.  In 2007 the doctors never discovered where the cancer originated but I did have a horrific outbreak on my scalp for several years.  After chemo I didn't have a rash one until Feb of 2012, now they are thinking my original onset of cancer could have been NHL skin and the only sign was my scalp rash which spread to my Spleen and then into other areas of my body.

My doctors were sure that I had DH as my rash seemingly responded to Dapsone for a couple of months.  I discovered that when I was much younger I reacted to Sufa when treated for a urinary infection.  Just know I cannot take Dapsone now.  One of the lesions became so infected on my foot that I was in ER a couple of weeks ago.  Doctor prescribed Doxycycline which has helped tremendously.  Just keep pursuing your research . . .  good luck.