Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rowena

Colonoscopy/endoscopy

I'm a nervous wreck... Having the awful search from both ends on the 23rd.  Can't be as bad as giving birth right?  But still nervous anyway.  What if they don't find anything yet again!

But I have a question... Will either of these scopes check my liver?  Because three tests in a row they've been elevated... First was the last night I was pregnant, so they thought it could be start of pre-eclampsia (since my bp was also high.)  but twice since they've been elevated too, and significantly more so...  So will these tests check liver too?

I just had the colonoscopy and endoscopy done, and I was really nervous as well before the procedure. When I woke up, I didn't even know they had done anything. My throat was not sore, nor was the other end. I was more worried about the colonoscopy b/c I've been having problems with hemorrhoids and didn't want them flaring up worse, but the procedures were a breeze.

Worst part was the prep/drink you have to do and the fasting. 

I don't have an answer on the liver question.

I'm not sure about the liver either. I believe it connects to the stomach so they might check that junction but the liver is a pretty solid mass so they would be unable to check in it with a scope...

Sorry I can't be of help. Good luck on the 23rd.

The endoscopy and colonoscopy procedure was a breeze. I had it doen on thursday and now have to play the waiting game for the results. Like the previous poster, the preparation the day before was pretty tough (and the gluten challenge!) I don't think they check the liver with this procedure. You may need an ultrasound or get specific blood tests for the liver. Best wishes.