Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JLS81

Newly Dx'd

hello all. have been dealing with symptoms for years now and finally got news that I have the big C. glad I found this forum and hope to discuss further with all the wonderful members here on this forum.

Jared

Hi. Welcome and stuff. Poke around, and get used to the lay of the land. Learn the ropes. Pull up a chair and get comfy because you'll be part of our club a while. Like... forever. Mwahahahaha! 

Poke your nose over here for some good beginner info. https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/91878-newbie-info-101/

Poke your nose over here if you ever don't know what to eat. https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/75238-the-whats-for-dinner-tonight-chat/page-441#entry881706 You'll find another thread about lunch if you poke over there too, and can generally find lots of talk about food. All in all, what you'll find is proof that we want for nothing and suffer not at all in the food department. 

You can rant and be pissy and all that, but know that mostly what you got was hope for the future. And us.  :D

thank you all for the warm welcome. hate that I had to join but love that I found you all. I have a question. recently had the upper and lower scope and results came back for celiac. diarrhea for the last couple years, muscle fatigue ( cant stand for longer than 10 min ) BUT I only get diarrhea at night time.... honestly one once or twice during the day in the last three years ??? does this make and sense.  thanks in advance

Jared

There are about 300 different symptoms of celaic and even the same symptom can vary from person to person. What's cool is that your problem should start clearing up after a while, AND you will most likely notice other things you didn't even know were symptoms clearing up. For example, I had no idea that my insomnia was caused by celiac, but it was.

So welcome to the club, ask lots of questions, and as Addy said, feel free to rant or cry or kick something. Just know that it DOES get better, it DOES get easier, and you've got lots of friends here to help you along. :)

Welcome Jared!

Glad you found us...it can really help the transition to your gluten-free life progress much more quickly.

Do read the "Newbie" thread and let us know if you have questions :)