Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

freeme808

Endo/colonoscopy Done

So hallelujah, I've been gluten-free since Friday after my procedures! :) Other than developing a nasty cold that same day, I'm slowly starting to feel better. I already lost 7 lbs of bloat since then-finally looking less "pregnant" and finally starting to experience a little more mental clarity too. 

I'm still waiting for my doc to call me back with the biopsy results, which he said I would have heard from him by now...I just figured they are busy and Im not in too much of a rush here...after all- I already went gluten-free. 

The only thing he told me on the day of, was that everything seemed to look good- no evidence of Crohn's or Ulcerative Colitis, etc. He also said he didn't see any damage, but we'll wait for the biopsy to come back as far as Celiac goes.

My report from that day just says: No gross evidence for inflammatory bowel disease or celiac sprue.

I've read a few other posts, where the doc says they can't see any "visual" damage etc, and then the biopsy comes back and there's damage. Anyone else have the same scenario happen to them?

From what I understand, celiac damage typically is not visible to the naked eye, so it's quite possible that everything looks dandy at first glance, but could actually be amiss. I'm so glad you don't have Crohn's or any other serious bowel problems! Let us know your results! 

Hi Belle, thank you...and me too! Im glad there doesn't seem to be anything else going on. Total peace of mind after months of worry. I'll post the biopsy results as soon as I get them- I'm very curious. The doc also suggested the Fodmop diet to see if maybe those foods are causing problems for me if it's not Celiac. For now though, I'm just going to stick with what I'm doing. Very clean, wholesome food eating. If I still seem to be having problems down the line, then I'll try Fodmop elimination diet. 

Hi Belle, thank you...and me too! Im glad there doesn't seem to be anything else going on. Total peace of mind after months of worry. I'll post the biopsy results as soon as I get them- I'm very curious. The doc also suggested the Fodmop diet to see if maybe those foods are causing problems for me if it's not Celiac. For now though, I'm just going to stick with what I'm doing. Very clean, wholesome food eating. If I still seem to be having problems down the line, then I'll try Fodmop elimination diet. 

Let me know if you need any help with the Low FODMAP diet at all! I have some recipes and advice I can share :-)