Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lisa78

Help Needed - Bloated For 16 Days And Counting!

Hi, hoping for some help in dealing with my bloating.

I have been gluten free for 13 months. I was very ill when first starting the diet and quickly decided to change all my cooking equipment and to make my home a gluten free haven. I do not eat out or order takeaways and always take my own food to family get togethers. I even take my own cup to my friends houses for coffee haha! I mainly eat wholefoods and not the gluten free processed options as I found I sometimes even reacted to them!

I feel that because I am so careful that this has really helped speed my recovery and each month I have become stronger and stronger.

Then 16 days ago I ate some red lentils which I had a reaction too. Figured it was probably factory contamination and so readied myself for the next 5 days of discomfort. 5 days is usually my recovery time for a cross contamination.

But here I am 16 days on still bloated. Everytime I eat something, even my trusty bananas, I am ballooning up! I don't have the big D but I am starting to feel exhausted again.

Has anyone else experienced this length of time being bloated? Or offer me any advice at all. I have no idea what to do or think now.

I have gone through everything in my kitchen and cant find anything that could be getting me. I have reverted to my safe foods (chicken, veg, potatoes and bananas) and only drinking water but I am still bloating.

I did an elimination diet about 10 months ago and lactose and soya also cause me problems and so I do not eat these either. Could I have developed a new food intolerance after 13months!!!?

I am aware that candida can cause bloating but haven't had any problems upto now and have been feeling so well that I haven't really felt that I had a problem with it.

Any advice would be welcome.

Lisa

I would not think "candida" just because of bloating, especially if you do not have a visible yeast infection.

Do you take probiotics? Could help with the bloating and the abdominal distress....just a thought!

I hope you feel better soon!  (I tend to bloat from eating too many high histamine foods, but that is just my "lucky" list of food intolerances) 

The red lentils which I have had a few grains of barley mixed in. Do you know what barley looks like?  Barley looks like small yellowish balls with a grove from end to end.  There is always a chance that yours may have wheat or other gluten grain mixed in.  When this happened to me, I picked through the lentils, and washed them with a scrub brush.  Even though  I washed it with soap and water,  I was leary to eat it.  I fed it to my family.  I ordered green ones and didn't find any grains in them.  I got both from Azure standard and they bore their label.