Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dizzydo

Feel Lousy

• A few months ago I stopped eating wheat for 2 weeks and didn't feel any better at all in fact felt a bit worse so I stared to eat it again not knowing about withdrawal symptoms and you have to be  off  it for months before you notice any change so this week decided to give it another go, this is my 3rd day and I FEEL DREADFUL, can the withdrawal make you feel this ill, am absolutely exhausted taking all my time to function, didn't feel quite this unwell last time

Try to take some down time.  Give your body some time to adjust.  It will work hard to recover.

Sometimes one feels worse before they feel better.  Keep trying to clear all bottles in pantry and refrigerator to make sure none contain gluten.  I think I had problems with cross contamination within 4 days of going gluten free.  Some of the things I attributed to withdrawal may have been getting small bits. 

Some of my down time, I spend on the forum.  Almost every struggle that comes up someone can relate to.  You can learn more about the diet.  It will take some time.

Get Well***

D

Remember it isn't just wheat you have to look out for, Barley and Rye, There are a couple others in there aslo Spelt and I cannot remember the other. 

Withdrawal is HARD! I didn't have many symptoms of celiac (or at least I didn't THINK I did until I went gluten-free and my insomnia went away, my brain fog cleared up, my feet stopped swelling, not to mention the psoriasis cleared up as well as my minor bathroom issues.) But during the first couple or three weeks of gluten-free, I felt HORRIBLE. I had a headache every day, I was weak and spacey and shaky, and had a general sense of being unwell.

Hang in with it, and you'll start feeling better soon.

Kamut also has gluten.

D

TY :)