Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mstrlucky74

Not Celiac But Gluten Allergy?

Hello all,

I am a 39 yo male. Don't mean to sound like a real downer but my life has been miserable for the last 4 years. I am good shape, eat healthy and exercise. I am constantly tired, anxienty and EXTREMELY bloated all the time. I have been tested for just about everything( I mean many many tests) from MANY doctors and nothing has been found. I have been on IBS meds, acid reducers etc. etc. etc. I have a question about a test that came back positive.  It is called the Allergen Gluten IGG. THe reference range is <2.0 and mine came back out of range at 6.3H. My gatro doctor says I am not allergic or don't have a sensitivity to Gluten because I tested negative for Celiac. Does nayone know about this test? Thanks VERY much!!!!

Here is information about celiac testing.  As you will read, a high IGg alone does not diagnose celiac disease.  To my knowledge there is no diagnostic test for gluten Intolerance.

http://americanceliac.org/celiac-disease/diagnosis/

Colleen 

The IGg test is not an allergy test.  Allergies have different methods for testing.  Again, there is no specific test for intolerance / sensitivity. 

Colleen 

If you did not test positive for Celiac Disease, you may have a gluten intolerance.  There's no known scientifically supported test for this.  Just strict avoidance and then see how you feel!  

IGg testing is not supported by many professional groups (e.g. American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology).  You've got the IGg results and it wouldn't hurt to test it out.   Read up on this forum about how to go gluten free.