Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Rate this topic

I did a search on the forums and didn't see this come up at all, so i apologize if its been discussed already.

Just wondering if anyone here has had this MRT test done.

LEAP MRT  or Performance Mediator Releast Test.

Its a blood test that test for food sensitivitys that they believe can help to treat IBS-D type symptoms.

Run out of some lab in FL called Signet Diagnostic.

Here is their website. www.nowleap.com

Apparently they do this test, then give you a diet to follow based off the results.

I'm trying to figure out where to get it done, etc... was going to call them today and find out.

My dietician found this for me.

Just wondering if anyone has heard of this or had it done before.

Thanks

There is much debate over the validity of  "IgG food intolerance"  testing vs. IgE-mediated llergy testing.

American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology & American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology: Allergy diagnostic testing: an updated practice parameter:

"IgG and IgG subclass antibody tests for food allergy do not have clinical relevance, are not validated, lack sufficient quality control, and should not be performed."

read more here:

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/igg-food-intolerance-tests-what-does-the-science-say/

You will have to decide for yourself, but I have been unable to find any valid scientific peer-reviewed research that supports the various

"food sensitivity tests"available through various labs. Some say the only way to figure out food sensitivities is to do an elimination diet.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20413700