Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eers03

Oh, You Want To Call Me Depressed?!

So we all know that we are being tracked by our cellphones by now, right?  Well, I went to check some college football scores on an iPhone app and there was an advertisement at the bottom that read "Depressed?"  Ticked me off.  I do a google search about pain in my feet and now my phone is making assumptions.  

Yeah, well, I deleted your app.  Maybe the next advertisement I see from someone else will say "Feeling better?"  I will respond yes.  That's a fact.

I know what you mean. I keep getting spammed about weight loss. I'm sure it stems from being a member here. After all, the "gluten-free lifestyle" is the lastest weight loss fad.

One of my favorites are the google ads on this site.  We may have blocked it now but , if you are viewing a topic  about pizza - a Doninos or Papa John's ad would show!  :blink:

I don't use the internet on my phone a whole lot. Hilariously enough, when I do it is usually when I'm at a pharmacy after a visit to a doctor and need to call a pharmaceutical company I don't have the phone number to. (Bahaha... don't have the number to, that's hilarious too!) So if they're tracking my internet usage on my phone, I google a lot of contact information for drug companies. I've learned to store the contact information though so I've knocked that nonsense off for the most part.

On my computer I at least have an ad blocker installed in my browser. I don't need to be harassed by a billion companies based on my browsing history and IP address... thanks.