WinterSong

Plastic Blender Cc - Help!

Rate this topic

I have a plastic blender at my boyfriend's place. It's one of those personal blenders that can be used as a mug when you turn it right side up. Well, my boyfriend has a guest over who came in after a wedding last night (beer I'm sure was in the equation). I woke up this morning and found that he had used my blender as a cup for water. I don't know if he had brushed his teeth before using my blender mug. I instantly started washing it. There are ridges near the top where you screw on the blender base, and unfortunately that's where his mouth would have touched. I'm letting it soak in soap and will wash it again. I'm sure he won't remember if he brushed his teeth before/after using it.

Can I save it because I never heated the plastic with gluten in it? Or do I have to buy a new one?

I think the risk would be rather low if it was just used for water.  Use a toothbrush after it soaks to clean the ridges.  It really should be fine.  Of course, if it is really giving you doubts and anxiety, get a new one for the peace of mind. 

Hope it works out well.

Colleen

I would wash it and use it. We wash ours in the dishwasher. My kids eat gluten and make shakes. Maybe if my kids put Oreos or made gluten bread crumbs in it... But I would probably just wash it even then

Thanks. You two are wonderful! I was not the happiest camper when I saw that and thought I'd have to buy a new one. We have to replace enough kitchen gadgets as it is!

I would throw it through the dishwasher or wash in Hot water and soap.  You should be just fine.  It is more about the scratched old plastic containers that had gluten food in them that we would really have to worry about.