Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Rate this topic

yesterday for lunch I had a Amy's gluen free mexican casserole. It only has corn torillas (which I'm fine with corn), black beans, and some spices and cheese. It says gluten free on the box but not certified gluten free.

I had stomach pain a couple hours after eating it and I only ate a few bites because I didn't really like it.

well this morning I have the big "D" and woke up with a migraine. what the heck?

If I'm not mistaken, quite a few folks here on the forum have had trouble with Amy's products. The health food store I go to sells Amy's pizza, and it is quite a bit cheaper than the Against the Grain pizza that they sell, but I always buy the Against the Grain because I won't take the chance with Amy's. (And besides, the Against the Grain is pretty darned tasty.+

Ugh.  Amy's zapped me bad on an Indian entrée labeled gluten-free.  Won't ever be tempted to buy hat brand again.  Others on the forum haven't had a problem with Amy's.

If you like Mexican and convenience, Frontera brand sauces in the packets are the bomb and I've never had a problem with them.  It is only slightly more work, but much tastier, and better than being sick for a week IMHO.  (But remember to check ingredients in case they change their recipes.)

Take it from an old pro.  Amy's zapped me too.  Pre gluten free I could eat it.  Once I went gluten free I ate one of Amy's and the next day the room was spinning for six hours.  I'll never touch it again.  That brand has too many CC issues.

Susan