platzen

Question About Symptoms

Rate this topic

Will they appear right after eating gluten or does it happen more when it reaches your colon? 

I have never had a biopsy but did the genetic test and it said i may have it, or predisposed to Celiac. 

I have been staying away from wheat for many reasons, one is I get bad acid reflux when i eat it. 

anyway today I decided to try a blueberry muffin today because i like them))

and i was ok till after lunch and after a BM, then i got woozy/light headed and weak in the arms and legs and a little nauseous.

I have also been having trouble with seasonal allergies so i'm not sure what it could be.

It's different for everybody. Some get symptoms within minutes, and some don't get symptoms for a couple of days.

I have been staying away from wheat for many reasons, one is I get bad acid reflux when i eat it. 

You probably already know this, but just to make sure, going gluten-free is about a lot more than just wheat.  It's wheat, rye, and barley - and for many Celiacs, it's also staying away from oats.  And this includes anything derived from any of these grains, like barley malt, many flavorings, and a bunch of other ingredients that are hiding in processed food just waiting to poison us.

As far as symptoms, as Bartfull said - it depends and varies greatly.  I didn't have any symptoms when I was diagnosed and have only been gluten-free for 6 weeks.  To my knowledge I have yet to be accidentally glutened so I have no idea what my reaction is going to be.  To be honest, I'm a bit afraid.  It is also my understanding that the extent of the reaction and the time-delay vary over time for some people too.