annajazz

Symptoms Of Glutened?

Rate this topic

Hello all!

So i have been gluten free for about four weeks now and I have a few questions.

I have managed to only Gluten myself about three times.

When I do eat gluten, I notice that:

1. Sharp Headache

2. Extreme Hunger for the rest of the day sometimes two days. I could literally eat the fridge. It's like nothing I eat makes me feel full. 

3. Slight Bloated feeling. Facial bloating. 

4. Lethargic feeling  

Is this normal? Many of the symptoms posts I find mention a lot of cramping and bowel discomfort, which I don't really experience

Yes I have been tested and have Celiacs. .

Any confirmation of these symptoms would be great. Thanks :)  

Not everyone gets the "classic" symptoms. My most prevalent symptom was psoriasis. Then I found out that my life-long insomnia was a symptom. AND my headaches, AND my frequent hiccups, AND the swelling in my feet. And brain fog? I thought it was the first signs of Alzheimers.

Now if I get glutened, I WILL get digestive symptoms. On TOP of all the rest. :angry:

Hello all!

So i have been gluten free for about four weeks now and I have a few questions.

I have managed to only Gluten myself about three times.

When I do eat gluten, I notice that:

1. Sharp Headache

2. Extreme Hunger for the rest of the day sometimes two days. I could literally eat the fridge. It's like nothing I eat makes me feel full. 

3. Slight Bloated feeling. Facial bloating. 

4. Lethargic feeling  

Is this normal? Many of the symptoms posts I find mention a lot of cramping and bowel discomfort, which I don't really experience

Yes I have been tested and have Celiacs. .

Any confirmation of these symptoms would be great. Thanks :)

I am still waiting for official diagnosis on Celiac or wheat allergy. However I did want to mention when I first started looking for what was wrong regarding the facial swelling I found this "oral facial allergy syndrome". This gave information on possibly 2 allergies going at one time allergist so far in agreement. I have this week taken dairy out of my diet, as well as wheat and what a difference! Lethargic oh my yes I have that , I also will not eat unless food is put in front of me for years never hungry, but then it is like I can not get enough. Feel as if I am running on empty as I told my Doctor. She will be checking me for thyroid, as well as vitamins, Iron. So far I am extremely low on sodium, Vit D and Potassium.

I glutened myself once at Taco Bell, I couldn't believe how bad I felt! I was sick to my stomach, I felt like I was drunk, I layed on the floor and couldn't hardly move! OMG It was horrid! Then the Brain Fog , and the No energy, I only notice where my cheek bone are , it kinda swells there. But Ohhh my!! I can not believe! How horrid it make me feel!!