shadowicewolf

Help Me Try To Figure This Out Please....

Rate this topic

I'm just shooting in the dark here, but my guesses would be one of two things. Possibly a quantity issue. A lot of people will eat way more meat when they're eating "meat" as opposed to lunch meat which is just a few thin slices on bread. So if you're eating something like 1/4 the amount, it could be why you aren't having any issues. Or, it could be the source of the meat. There could be a very vast difference in the way a pig was raised if you're looking at your supermarket pork, and something getting labeled as all natural. Then again, there may not be and you probably have no way to find out.

Now, I'm not being all blah blah blah organic etc. God knows I'm too poor for that crap, I'd starve to death trying to afford 3 meals a week. I'm just saying, that some people put a lot of stock in that sort of thing and it may have some merit. There are actually so few ingredients in Hormel's natural meats, compared to say, a standard off the shelf ham steak, that I really doubt it is something added rather than something you maybe haven't considered. (I have been known, on rare occasion to be wrong in the past. :P)

is it a processed ham? It may have corn in it? Just a guessing game here! 

This may sound a bit off the wall... but it may be the honey.  There's honey in the Hormel, right?  Some claim that honey helps aid digestion.  So in combination with what others have said - eating less of it, the meat being more natural with less additives, etc. - the honey may actually be helping you to digest it better.