1desperateladysaved

Birthmark Making Its First Appearance In Decades?

Rate this topic

Okay, so I don't expect anyone else to have noticed something similar, but since I am getting intensely curious here goes

At birth I had a birthmark between my eyebrows; I can see it in the pictures.  It had faded by the time that I was 9 months old.  Recently, I have noticed that the birthmark has appeared on my head!  I went gluten free 20 months ago.  Some where in the last year, my anemia (immature red blood cells) recovered.

I am just curious if others have seen and appearance or disappearance of a birthmark along the way.  My oldest girls had them at birth.  One is still visible and one has disappeared.

D

That is quite odd.  I wonder if skin changes with age have anything to do with it?  That could be a stretch, I will throw in I have no idea what your age is (dont kiiiilllll me pleeease :D <3 ).  I have a couple birthmarks, and they all have stayed the same.  I have freckles and multi-freckle spots that REALLY pop out if I get any bit of a sun tan.

When I was a kid I had quite the strawberry birthmark on my face. A dime-sized spot on my cheek with a twine-thick line that connected to a "puffed rice"-sized spot between my upper lip and my nose. I hated it!

When I was 20, I had to have a wisdom tooth surgically extracted, and the surgeon was also a plastic surgeon who mentioned he could easily remove the birthmark. By then I realized it was part of my identity and I told him "No way!" I had learned to like it.

But it HAS faded over the years. All that is left is the spot on my cheek. It is smaller than it was and barely shows at all. Usually just putting on my foundation hides it. It MAY have become a bit brighter lately. It's funny that you mention it here because just yesterday I seemed to notice that even with make-up on it shows.

I don't know, but I think they were OK. With no insurance I couldn't afford testing. As a kid though, my iron levels were really low. I had to take iron supplements for the first ten or so years of my life. That was also when my brithmark was at its brightest.

About 15 years ago when I did have insurance I had a complete physical including blood work and at that time the only thing they considered unusual was that my bad cholesterol was low,my good cholesterol was high,  and that my iron was high. I was eating a lot of red meat at the time.