luvs2eat

I'm So Excited For Valentine's Day Supper!

Rate this topic

We're going to a teeny restaurant not too far away called The Chef's Table. It only seats 10 at a large family-style table and the young chef prepares one delicious meal. You don't order... you eat what he prepares from his organic garden and meats. There are two of us who are gluten-free going and the chef said that he would make the entire meal gluten-free rather than make something different for just two of us!

I can't wait!! We NEVER eat out!

Supper was FANTASTIC!! We began with an "amuse bouche... just a taste of something...  one kumquat, filled w/ goat cheese and chive blossoms on top. Then came a crawfish bisque with a sprinkle of parmesan and basil that was to die for! Then we had a thick slice of perfectly cooked filet of beef with a sprinkling of applewood smoked salt on top of steel cut oats w/ plumped up dried cherries and thin stalks of asparagus. Dessert was crème brulee... and the last tiny treat was a chocolate covered strawberry. Every single dish was delicious and none of us could decide which course was the best. I voted for the soup. The set up was almost like all of us sitting at a bar with the chef cooking and plating our courses in front of us. It was so personal and lovely. It was pricey, but I told the hubs we will definitely be going back soon!!

For any celiacs in Missouri... this was The Chef's Table at Dawts Mill in Tecumsah. What a treat!!

Supper was FANTASTIC!! We began with an "amuse bouche... just a taste of something...  one kumquat, filled w/ goat cheese and chive blossoms on top. Then came a crawfish bisque with a sprinkle of parmesan and basil that was to die for! Then we had a thick slice of perfectly cooked filet of beef with a sprinkling of applewood smoked salt on top of steel cut oats w/ plumped up dried cherries and thin stalks of asparagus. Dessert was crème brulee... and the last tiny treat was a chocolate covered strawberry. Every single dish was delicious and none of us could decide which course was the best. I voted for the soup. The set up was almost like all of us sitting at a bar with the chef cooking and plating our courses in front of us. It was so personal and lovely. It was pricey, but I told the hubs we will definitely be going back soon!!

For any celiacs in Missouri... this was The Chef's Table at Dawts Mill in Tecumsah. What a treat!!

Fantastic post!  

Happy Valentines's Day  :wub:

So glad you enjoyed your meal!!! Happy V Day!!!