This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Is It Possible To Have Celiac Without Anemia Or B12 Defiency?

captainjacksparrow

captainjacksparrow Newbie

OK, here ait se my results (they seem very good to me):

U/E+CREAT

urea - 6.5

sodium - 144

potassium - 4.4

creatinine - 88

LFT (Liver function test from serum)

bilirubin - 12

ALT (GPT) - 22

alkaline phosphatase - 81

gamma GT - 17 

GLUCOSE

VITAMIN B12 SERUM

ESR 

FULL BLOOD COUNT

WBC - 7.4

RBC - 5.27

haemoglobin - 15.8

PCV - 0.461

MCV - 87.5

MCH - 29.9

MCHC - 34.2

Red Cell Distribution Width - 13.1

plateletes - 177

PCV - 8.1

lymphocites - 3.20

monocytes - 0.70

neuthrophils - 3.2

eosinophils - 0.20

basophils - 0.00

THYROID FUNCTION 

FREE T4 - 14.3

TSH - 2.72

anti-TPO Ab: 2.72 - negative 28

tTG ANTIBODY 0.4 negative

It is probably anxiety and stress related. However I been like this since my early early childhood... Anti anxiety meds and antidepressants does not help..

What do You think about the results?

I just knew it!!! That she did not ordered the correct tests! I assume EMA is missing right?!

I dontk know, I am so tires and dont know I

I just knew it, that she ordered wrong tests.EMA is missing right?There is no range on the actusl sheet for celiac..Is it worth it to go back on gluten?I fed up with all this crap.... :( I think I will go with gluten free diet and will see how it goes.What do You think?

And the liver are all fine. ALT range - 21-72 but I heard that it should be low.No?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GottaSki Mentor

I just knew it, that she ordered wrong tests.EMA is missing right?There is no range on the actusl sheet for celiac..Is it worth it to go back on gluten?I fed up with all this crap.... :( I think I will go with gluten free diet and will see how it goes.What do You think?

And the liver are all fine. ALT range - 21-72 but I heard that it should be low.No?

yep...liver is fine -- I forgot general ranges and just wanted to check.

The challenge is up to you.  I'll tell you that if you continue to improve it may become even more difficult to complete a gluten challenge.

FWIW - if you think you'll want to be tested, do it now.

Is there a celiac support group where you live?  It may help you find a good choice in GI docs that have training/experience with Celiac Disease and NCGS.

Hang in there :)

edited to add -- many labs do not run the EMA-IgA unless the tTG is positive.  Let us know if you need the complete list of celiac antibody tests -- I think we may have already given it to you -- if not, let us know.

yep...liver is fine -- I forgot general ranges and just wanted to check.

The challenge is up to you.  I'll tell you that if you continue to improve it may become even more difficult to complete a gluten challenge.

FWIW - if you think you'll want to be tested, do it now.

Is there a celiac support group where you live?  It may help you find a good choice in GI docs that have training/experience with Celiac Disease and NCGS.

Hang in there :)

edited to add -- many labs do not run the EMA-IgA unless the tTG is positive.  Let us know if you need the complete list of celiac antibody tests -- I think we may have already given it to you -- if not, let us know.

I am in Ireland and can not afford tests.This was covered by my medical card (medical insurance)... I looked online that  TTG ranges from 00 to to 2.9 as far as I remeber. However, could it be possible that because I am not the bigest bread lover so myantibodies were low? I ate tons of gluten fro about 3 weeks prior testing.. I also found that I am lactose intolerant or casein not sure, but its the same anyway.. 

GottaSki Mentor

I am in Ireland and can not afford tests.This was covered by my medical card (medical insurance)... I looked online that  TTG ranges from 00 to to 2.9 as far as I remeber. However, could it be possible that because I am not the bigest bread lover so myantibodies were low? I ate tons of gluten fro about 3 weeks prior testing.. I also found that I am lactose intolerant or casein not sure, but its the same anyway.. 

Gotcha! 

By the way...that lactose intolerance can be a result of celiac as well.  If you aren't going to be tested soon -- I strongly suggest you remove all gluten for six months and then trial lactose/casein to see if you can tolerate it.  Regardless of the dairy deal -- since you have symptoms consistent with celiac or ncgs and you had some improvement since you removed gluten -- six months gluten-free should give you the answers you are looking for. -- at least "unofficially" ;)

Thank You all for your help! I will stick with gluten-free or maybe evdn Paleo diet and will keep You informed! Will come back in few weeks just to let You know how I am doing. Cheers!!!:)

Gotcha! 

By the way...that lactose intolerance can be a result of celiac as well.  If you aren't going to be tested soon -- I strongly suggest you remove all gluten for six months and then trial lactose/casein to see if you can tolerate it.  Regardless of the dairy deal -- since you have symptoms consistent with celiac or ncgs and you had some improvement since you removed gluten -- six months gluten-free should give you the answers you are looking for. -- at least "unofficially" ;)

P.S. I started taking calcium and msgnesium, also Vitamin D as Ireland is so damn cloudy.Also zinc 30 mg before bed.I dont eat fish etc so I might be defiecient in it. 

Gotcha! 

Actualy! My ferritin levels, do they look a little low, what do you think? Mine is 47, while the range is 28-365 ng/ml what do you think? Also b12 523 is a little low, no? Even though they are within normal limits.. Range: 239-931ng/L

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GottaSki Mentor

Actualy! My ferritin levels, do they look a little low, what do you think? Mine is 47, while the range is 28-365 ng/ml what do you think? Also b12 523 is a little low, no? Even though they are within normal limits.. Range: 239-931ng/L

Ferritin is a bit low -- that is what I meant by looking for high/low within referenced ranges.

B12 - not bad (some suggest it should be much higher for optimum -- mine was 150s at dx and has risen to the 700s gluten-free (just an example..everyone is different)

Folic acid works in conjunction with B12 for DNA synthesis. Folic acid deficiency causes macrocytic anemia but never neurologic deficits. Common causes of folic acid deficiency incluOpen Original Shared Link poor diet and alcoholism. Since January 1998, the US Food and Drug Administration has required all enriched cereal/grain products to be fortified with folic acid, with the goal of reducing neural tube congenital defects.[10] Nutritionists have expressed concerns that folic acid fortification masks B12deficiency, and a 2007 study demonstrated cognitive impairment in patients with high folate status in the presence of low B12. These patients were anemic without macrocytosis.[10]The authors suggest that excess folic acid precipitates both hematologic and neuropsychiatric manifestations of B12deficiency. Interestingly, folic acid conferred cognitive protection in the presence of normal B12 levels. The point here is that folic acid supplementation in the presence of B12deficiency may actually aggravate neurological symptoms.

My folate levels are very high!!! A year ago I was doing a resesrch about thing called MTHFR gene mutation, not sure if you have heard about it before? It is diagnosed through genes. Have a look at this, it might be very helpful for all of you too: 

Open Original Shared Link

What I also read, that people who usualy have  MTHFR might have hig numbers of folate in their blood, as simple folate is not used by the body do to MTHFR mutation..

My levels are > 24 very above the norm. 3-17 ..

Ferritin is a bit low -- that is what I meant by looking for high/low within referenced ranges.

B12 - not bad (some suggest it should be much higher for optimum -- mine was 150s at dx and has risen to the 700s gluten-free (just an example..everyone is different)

What about your folate levels prior dx?? I bet it wasnt that big!?

GottaSki Mentor

What about your folate levels prior dx?? I bet it wasnt that big!?

you got me on that one...will have to look it up...only so many numbers stick in this old brain ;)

lol...i'll check back with an answer later :)

edited to add:

ok...you made me look and it seems my results pre-dx in 2009 are not available online -- which means I'll have to pull an old fashion paper file -- um, no -- not happening any time soon.

you got me on that one...will have to look it up...only so many numbers stick in this old brain ;)

lol...i'll check back with an answer later :)

edited to add:

ok...you made me look and it seems my results pre-dx in 2009 are not available online -- which means I'll have to pull an old fashion paper file -- um, no -- not happening any time soon.

Its ok:) Dont worry. But then how do I know Iif my b12 isn't masked?...

Archived