Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

candacehp143

Celiac Symptoms? Im Miserable

Rate this topic

Imget this horrible itchy stinging rash all over my legs, they turn into sores and look so ugly. Happens almost daily. Massive fatigue, migraine s.. seems like everytime I eat I feel 6 months pregnant, bloated, gassy, and feeling as if there is a hard basketball in mt n stomach. Ill get horricble abdominal pains. I already have hashimotos along with a huge list of other health issues, im sure im leaving out a few other symptoms im just sick of being sick all then time. Any advice would b appreciated

I should also mention that I was rushed to the ER about 4 years ago w stroke like symptoms, drooping mouth slurred speech the whole nine. They thought it was ms but mri came back neg.ive seen sooooo many dif drs.i have vit d def. Hashimotos, arthritis, add, heart problems, complex migrains, had my gallbladder out 3 years ago, a hysterectomy last year, on about 6 diff meds a day. Oh and im only 31! Was supposed to get endoscopy done justmwaiting for my secondary insurance to kick in. Thinking I should go ahead and just get the labs done for now

Yeah, that rash could be a pretty good sign that you might have celiac, plus the other things you are experience fit as well. I'd go see your physician and get a celiac panel done and have them look at that rash. Better yet, see if you can see a GI doctor. 

I hope you can get an appt soon. Definitely could be celiac's. ( Could your thyroid issue be off? I don't know much about thyroid/symptoms that go with it) Get that blood work drawn though - then endoscopy would be the next step. Make sure they draw the full celiac blood panel. Keep us posted!

The rash could be dermatitis herpetiformis - I don't have any experience with it but from what others have posted here it seems that having DH almost always means you have Celiac.  They can also do a skin biopsy from next to where the rash is (not of the rash itself) and test to Celiac that way.  If you search the forum for DH you should be able to find a ton of information.