Rate this topic

Well got my daughters blood test results came back and everything is normal and celiac was negative, her dr isn't gonna run anymore tests cause she's got an appt with a paediatric gi doc in august, so it's back to waiting and no answers

From what I remember being on the sheet to go get her blood drawn it had ferritin, b12, another vitamin, CBC, TTG, and 2 for her thyroid. she's going to our regular family doctor next week for an unrelated matter and she'll have a copy of the results so I plan on getting a copy from her and possibly asking about seeing a different paediatrician as I'm not a fan of the one we are seeing now, she is convinced it's just chronic constipation causing all the issues but I know that's not all it is and have had er doctors agree that there's something else going on.

Cances are it was just the one tTG IgA test. If possible request the DGP IgA, DGP IgG, tTG IgG, EMA IgA, total serum IgA, and possibly the older AGA IgA and AGA IgG tests. That will give you more info to go on.

And chronic constipation? That s a symptom, not a cause.... That paed sounds pretty lazy...

Thanks I'll write those down and take them with us. Yes she is saying it's just the constipation as most her symptoms are to do with her stomach.. Constipation, abdominal pain, upset stomach, vomiting... The only things that she seems to have outside her stomach is headaches, pain in her right ankle (says it hurts her shin too so could be growing pains) and she's tiny for her age

We only have 2-3 paediatricians here so they have a lot of kids they see and I find she doesn't take enough time (last 3 appts have been with students working with her and she just pops in to help them along) and she doesn't seem to think I know anything.