Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Waitingindreams

Gluten/sweetener Free Cold Medication?

Thanks to the help of another poster, I realized I am having issues with artificial/natural sweeteners (xylitol, sorbitol, etc) I currently take Zicam, but I realized it has mannitol in it. Can anyone recommend a sweetener free/gluten free cold medication and pain relief? 

I don't yet know if I have a corn intolerance, but I am considering the possibility. :(

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

I can't get it to load at the moment, but have you looked into Vick's Nature Fusion. I know for certain they are gluten free. I believe the liquids are sweetened with honey, not sure if that is a problem for you since you're describing more "chemical" derived, processed sweeteners. They do also have pills though that would probably have such a small amount that it may not be such an issue. It works super well. Not sure how much this helps.

Thank you! I'm looking into it. I'm just super confused right now. For example, there is 'sucralose' in the ingredients...I have no idea if I will react to that or not. I posted a question about Gas-X causing me to bloat, (severely, it was terrible) and that turned into a conversation about all of those sugars...xylitol affects me so badly I stopped chewing gum years ago. I know that these sweeteners are (typically) derived from corn. If I do have an issue with corn, then I really can't take any otc medication it seems :(

Maybe I should look into more natural cold remedies. :( I wanted to start cutting back on corn regardless, due to it (apparently) feeding candida. I wonder if anyone has had any luck with Echinachea? It seems to be natural and even has some anti fungal properties.

EDIT: Apparently Echinachea is not recommended for people with auto-immune disorders, hmm. Oh well. :(

Oh...thanks Karen! Lol. I was typing my response for awhile and didn't post it until now - I didn't see yours first.

That is an idea. I would love to find more natural remedies, but sometimes medicine is necessary. 

Oh...thanks Karen! Lol. I was typing my response for awhile and didn't post it until now - I didn't see yours first.

That is an idea. I would love to find more natural remedies, but sometimes medicine is necessary. 

Is Spenda Gluten and Corn free?

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

since they just say "food starch" they could have made it from a cows arse for all i know. they need to just say what it comes from every time lol
    Here is the interpretation chart he sent me and yes I have 2 kids in which their pediatrician said they didn’t need to be tested unless they show symptoms which goes against everything I have read about symptoms being silent etc.... Is i...
    Why do you need to supplement?  I can understand Vitamin D, but by now you should be absorbing nutrients from your foods since it has been a year or so since you went gluten free.  (Is that correct?) You might very well need to supplement, ...