spirit_walk

Powders And Shakes To Heal The Gut?

Rate this topic

i don't take anything like that myself.  It seems to me the ingredients list in the Metagenics ultrainflmex is similar to a good multi-vitamin/mineral.  Plus some extras thrown in.  The extras don't seem like they are worth the cost of the products tho.  Another option would be to buy them separately and take them in the amounts you choose, rather than what someone else decided to put in the powder.  The advantage of buying separately is if you have a reaction to one of the ingredients you can  stop taking it and you are only out the money for the one ingredient.  If you have a reaction to any of the many ingredients in a combo products like these you are looking at not being able to use the product after spending a lot of money on it.  None of these extras look particularly expensive or hard to find by themselves.  You can buy turmeric, rosemary  and garlic in the grocery store after all.  I couldn't get the orthomolecular link to open.

Metagenics Extras:

Turmeric Rhizome Extract (Curcuma longa) 316 mg
[standardized to 95% (300 mg) curcuminoids]

Rosemary Leaf Extract (Rosmarinus officinalis) 200 mg

D-Limonene 100 mg

Ginger Root Extract (Zingiber officinale) 100 mg
[standardized to 5% (5 mg) total pungent compounds]

Sulfate (as magnesium sulfate) 50 mg

I have the UltraInflamX but have not yet tried it. Maybe this week. I bought it recently after asking my gastro what she thought about my trying it. My cousin uses it for another issue and I figured I could at least try it and if it doesn't help me at all I could give it to her and not feel like I completely wasted the money. Let us know if you try something and how it works for you!

It looks like a good protein powder, and I am a fan of protein powders - I add it to most baking I do for my kids... even cookies. LOL

It looks like there are good things in there that are known to help the gut and with healing. If you are looking for a protein powder, you might as well try it.

It looks like a good protein powder, and I am a fan of protein powders - I add it to most baking I do for my kids... even cookies. LOL

It looks like there are good things in there that are known to help the gut and with healing. If you are looking for a protein powder, you might as well try it.

Those two protein powders are the ones mentioned in Esposito's book. She claims to have used them to help healing.