Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

across

Annoying Buzzing Sensation

Rate this topic

Anyone ever have a buzzing sensation in their abdomen? I've had this for about six years now, and it drives me nuts! It feels like a cell phone on vibrate that is buzzing continually in my abdomen. It keeps me awake at night pretty often. Occasionally, the buzzing sensation will extend down my left leg to my foot.

After six months off gluten, this finally went away, only to return when I spent three weeks being glutened because I couldn't cook at home due to plumbing issues. Now I'm wondering if it will take another six months to go away.

Anyone else ever have paresthesias due to celiac?

Sorry... this is not going to be very helpful but I was listening to the radio a couple of months ago and apparently this is quite a common sensation felt by people.  They even gave it a name, but they didn't actually link it to celiac.  I get this feeling in the small of my back sometimes, now when I come to think of it I have only really noticed it in the last year or so (I was diagnosed a year ago).