Omck

Please Help! Bad Stomach Pains

Rate this topic

Hi all I am new and am feeling glad I have a community of people who will understand my issues better! A bit of background: I used to eat low gluten in my early twenties for health benefits and then after I had my second child, I started suffering extreme lethargy, nausea and headaches. As time went by I was trying to pinpoint the cause but only considered gluten to be a possibility after my mother came over one night and made me white pasta, and I had horrible stomach pains the whole night. It felt like food poisoning without the nausea or diarrhea. I continued to eat gluten occasionally, and probably got cross contaminated a million times, and my health was getting worse. I was experiencing tingling in my extremities, rashes on my elbows, fatigue, head aches, insomnia, flip flops in my stomach, optical migraines (when you see a zig zag patch in your vision field which grows till you can barely see and then you get a huge headache after), brain fog to the point where I felt like I couldn't hold a conversation or make eye contact etc. over this last 2 year period it seems my symptoms were ever changing but the one thing that stayed the same was it only happens when I have gluten. I had the celiac blood test done 2 times but the doc didn't tell me that I had to have it in my system first and I had already been gluten free for a few weeks both times. It seems that I am so sensitive.. One time I bit into a white pasta noodle I was cooking and spat it out immediately and I was sick the next day. My big question for you however, is for the last year I have had about 6-7 unexplained extreme stomach aches. It is excruciating pain above my belly button that normally happens at night and last from 3-5 hours. It feels like the worst food poisoning but without the nausea and diarrahh and I get chills, dizzy and feel dehydrated. Last time it was so bad I went to the hospital and they found that my white blood cells were high but when I did an ultrasound the only thing they found was poly cystic ovary syndrome, but not gall bladder or pancreas issues like my doc suspected. Almost every time I can recall having these stomach aches, I had been glutened within a week before. Does this sound like celiac disease? Has anyone else experienced this? It seems to have some delayed response, as usually the first symtpom is light cramps in the evening, then some insomnia with loud tummy gurgles, then the next day is feel like s$#& lethargy don't want to do anything or see anyone, and finally it's the day after that these stomach aches happen. Please help me if you have any leads whatsoever, my health is so precious to me especially since I have 2 little kids under 4 :( I would do anything to figure all this out.

your doctor can test you for celiac, but you have to continue to eat gluten for the testing to be accurate.  many of your symptoms could be attributed to celiac/ngci, but they could also be symptoms of other things.  i hope you find some answers :)

I would advise seeing your doctor about it and getting tested for celiac disease too. The doctor may have other ideas as to the cause - we're biased around here.  LOL ;)

I have had extreme stomach aches that made me feel almost like I was going into shock: dizzy, faint, cold, clammy, etc.  I never did see the doctor about it... it hasn't happened for a few years now.

Best wishes.