Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Rate this topic

I would make sure to buy the whole bag.  It looks like 4 pounds, if a size like that is available, that wouldn't be too bad.  Now a 25 pound bag... well... you better get ready to stuff your face with chocolate!  

Do you have to buy only stuff made in nut free facilities?

We try really hard to do that. He is df,gluten-free, and nu-free... my hardest child to feed.

Up here, the Enjoy Life choc chips are $5.99-$6.99.  For some reason, food in Canada cost 10-50% more than in the States.  Actually, EVERYTHING coasts 10-50% more than in the States. I think our average house price in my city is about $430,000.... I'm bitter.  ;)

That does sound hard, dairy free, gluten free, and nut free. I'll bet that meats, fruits, veggies, and rice are some of your best allies. :)

The stuff in Canada does sound expensive! And the Canadian dollar and US dollar are pretty similar in value these days right?

In our area, you can get a house in good condition with a few acres of land for $80,000 or so. We live in Michigan.

That does sound hard, dairy free, gluten free, and nut free. I'll bet that meats, fruits, veggies, and rice are some of your best allies. :)

The stuff in Canada does sound expensive! And the Canadian dollar and US dollar are pretty similar in value these days right?

In our area, you can get a house in good condition with a few acres of land for $80,000 or so. We live in Michigan.

Oh yeah. Luckily he would live on raw fruits and veggies if I let him.... and I mostly do.  LOL

Our dollars are similar but we're a little below right now. The problem is that even when our dollar is worth more than the American, stuff still costs more.  My son's book is sitting in front of me and in the US the price is $9.95 but up her it would cost $13.95; that would be true of books published here too. There can be some huge differences.

$80,000 for a house and a few acres?  NO FAIR! The only thing you can get for under a $100K here would be a mobile home; you can't even get a very very scary apartment. We sold our last house, 900sq feet on a 48 foot (frontage)lot, near the city centre, for about $480,000 - they bulldozed it and built a new bigger house so their lot cost them about $500, 000 when all was said and done.  We live in an expensive city, but still.  If you want to be truly frightened, look at the realestate listings for Bearspaw and Springbank which is just west of Calgary; tonnes of multimillion dollar homes on 4 or so acres.  Huge houses! www.http://www.realtor.ca/