BarryC

Appetite Increasing But Also More Energy?

Rate this topic

Two weeks gluten free and suddenly I have tons of energy, but also a bigger appetite. I am pretty sure the gluten was one of the reasons I couldn't lose weight, but also I wasn't a big eater. Slow metabolism all around.  I wonder if my system is repairing itself? Maybe now I can start losing weight if my metabolism is healing!

Two weeks gluten free and suddenly I have tons of energy, but also a bigger appetite. I am pretty sure the gluten was one of the reasons I couldn't lose weight, but also I wasn't a big eater. Slow metabolism all around. I wonder if my system is repairing itself? Maybe now I can start losing weight if my metabolism is healing!

Why only 2 weeks? You have been around for a couple of years. I don't remember your history but.....

Edit - I just connected your posts. You don't have celiac disease and eat small amounts of gluten Perhaps the more energy is placebo effect? Or maybe you are just eating less heavy stuff like bread and pasta & eating more healthy?

I think that as long as someone doesn't start subbing in a lot of G F carb-heavy items  (breads, crackers, cookies, pretzels, pastas )etc , most anyone who goes G F (essentially a modified whole foods/paleo or atkins kind of food plan) will lose weight and have more energy. 

I did find that after 2 weeks my energy level did improve. I had the opposite problem with appetite though. I have felt like a bottomless pit for years. There was a time several years ago when I just ate and ate and I kept losing weight. It seemed like I was buying new jeans every week. Then a few years ago, I was still eating the same way and I was under alot of stress and then gained weight. Now that I have a celiac diagnosis, I understand that it was probably celiac disease. The past month or so I have been noticing that cravings are almost non existent and I tend to stay fuller, longer when I eat. I would attribute that to healing, I suppose. I see Karen said you are something more like NCGI, so I didn't think there was any healing to be done? I thought it was a more acute type reaction?