Mileena

I Think I Might Have Celiac Or Gluten Sensitivity...but

Rate this topic

I've only been gluten free 3full days. I was throwing up, nauseas, depressed, had diarrhea, had brain fog, gas, bloating, etc. and it had been getting worse. I was eating a lot more gluten At the time. Pretty much everything I ate. So I cut it out of my diet as a test. After 3days on the fourth day I ate a cookie without reading the ingredients. I totally didn't think about it. It's main ingredient ended up being enriched wheat flour. 2 hours later I was feeling extremely nauseas and kept going number 2 every few minutes. Then I had anal leakage and started vomiting violently. I still at this moment feel terrible. And apparently now I have a headache. I am prepared for a Terrible night.

My issue is my doctor never believes me about anything and seems to always be against me. The other doctor their knows my history (i have depression) and literally tried to mom me with discipline and judgments so not the good kind of moming. I'm afraid neither of them will believe me or help me. I'm almost 19. Have never felt well all my life. Only recently has it gotten worse.

What do I say to my doctor to get her to understand? HOW should I say things?

My therapist believes me and really thinks gluten free Is good for me and so does my mom. My dad... Wellhe doesn't give a flying flip about the subject.

I would like to be clear that most of the vomiting has been me making it happen. I just feel so sick I can't take it.

Go back to eating gluten, ask for a Celiac panel to be run--all of the tests and see if you are or are not Celiac.  If they won't run the tests, go to a private lab and ask for them to run the tests.  That way you will know one way or another.  The tests are not accurate if you are not eating gluten at the time.

Mileena, I can definitely understand your frustrations with the doctors...I had the same situation with them. I ended up having to go to a private lab myself and get the tests run out of pocket (it was pricy, but compared to my medical bills not knowing what was going on it was definitely worth it to get an answer). Have you asked your therapist to speak with your regular doctor though? Maybe if your doc heard it from another medical professional they will be more likely to at least do the tests (they don't have to believe you to do them, but they do have to feel like it's worth their time, and the therapist may be able to convince them of that).