This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Half A**ed Diagnosis.. Not Sure If I Am Actually Celiac

lmj623

kareng Grand Master

Unless it was something else I ate, it could be a million things at this point. But I have been pretty dang good and only eating approved gluten-free items (salads, five guys, yogurt). And I mean my own yogurt because this crap at the hotel has modified corn starch AND modified food starch. I'm supposed to avoid the food starch right? Ok I did eat one of them a few days ago. ..

I don't worry about "food starch" unless it says "wheat" - which is rare as it usually isn't made from wheat.  

Eating at restaurants might be a problem.  I do eat at some places but if you are having on-going issues, it might be best to just eat what you fix for a while.  Eating food made by other people is always risky.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

SMRI Collaborator

Well it's a little over a week now since I ate those scrambled eggs that went through me within 4 hours and I am definitely feeling off.

For the last 4 days I have had this headache that hurts when I move my eyes, tired, CRANKY, EMOTIONAL, more bathroom time, and my neck is bugging me again. Oh and off and on nausea for the last 2 days.

Why the heck do I have the sleeper cell symptoms? Other than the "urgent greasy evacuation" i didn't have much for symptoms until a couple days later. And now they will surely be stretched out another week. Just in time for my trip to MN....

Where are you going in MN? I might be able to help with places to eat--lived there for many years :D.

lmj623 Apprentice

Minneapolis for some of the time and the rest at a wedding in Hudson WI. 

Do you guys notice the pain and suffering this late? I am a HOT MESS at work right now which is just great. Trying to hold back tears because i am so frustrated with  my stupid cell phone company and trying not to SCREAM at these people for being so EFFING stupid. At work.. totally profesh. 0-60 in a flash for the second time this morning.. ugh. i don't even get this emotional when i am pmsy. 

I think i need a sign to hang around my neck that says "psycho b%$@# on the loose" or maybe just "volatile specimen, approach with caution"

SMRI Collaborator

There are a couple Red Robin's and 5 guy's if nothing else and downtown Minneapolis is a foodie haven so you should have a lot of gluten-free choices.  Not sure if you are driving or flying but if you go through Rochester, MN, stop at Twigs. The owner is Celiac!!!!  The food is fantastic too :D.  The menu is huge too :D.

lmj623 Apprentice

I haven't been to a Red Robin since Gluten-Free, are they pretty trustworthy? I just had 5 guys yesterday YUM!

I live in CA so definitely flying.

SMRI Collaborator

I haven't been to a Red Robin since Gluten-Free, are they pretty trustworthy? I just had 5 guys yesterday YUM!

I live in CA so definitely flying.

VERY--their staff has to undergo training, they have gluten-free buns and all the "allergy" food is brought out separately and in different colored baskets.  You just missed the State Fair-they had 40 vendors this year that had gluten-free offerings :D.

lmj623 Apprentice

No way! I used to live in Minneapolis before I came here and loved the state fair but was thinking to myself lately that it would never be an option to have a FRESH DIPPED CORN DOG ever again. so you are saying there's a chance!!!

That is super cool. Too bad it's over already.. dang it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

SMRI Collaborator

No way! I used to live in Minneapolis before I came here and loved the state fair but was thinking to myself lately that it would never be an option to have a FRESH DIPPED CORN DOG ever again. so you are saying there's a chance!!!

That is super cool. Too bad it's over already.. dang it.

Corn dogs were one of the gluten-free options :D.  Open Original Shared Link  

MN State Fair--largest and best state fair in the country (Texas doesn't count, their fair is longer so not 'bigger') :D. 1.8 million visitors this year.

dilettantesteph Collaborator

Some reading for your husband.  It a review done by the FDA about how much gluten can make a celiac sick: Open Original Shared Link

Archived