Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

3bears2

A Few More Questions Regarding Gluten In Meds/foods

Rate this topic

My TopCare Allergy Relief tablets lists starch in the ingredient list. Could it be gluten? How about generic imodium, could it have gluten in it? I also eat Earth Balance natural buttery spread and Lundberg brown rice cakes. Could anything be a culprit there? 

Lundberg Farms processes all their products in a dedicated gluten free facility. I use Earth Balance buttery spreads on a regular basis. All of their buttery spreads are gluten free. A quick look at the Earth Balance website products shows that their only products containing gluten are their vegan "cheesy" crackers and macaroni. I see no reason why these would be processed on a shared line with buttery spreads.

I don't know as much about medicines. Hopefully somebody else can pipe in with info on your meds. 

Labeling regs for meds are different than they are for food. Unless a med is marked gluten free it is best to call the maker. If you are buying a store brand from a place with a pharmacy the pharmacist might have a list that will tell you.