Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Rate this topic

Welcome to the forum, Boncarlos2!

If you have the actual copy of the lab report, can you post exactly what it says?  I don't want to throw out a guess right now because some of the decimal points are not making sense.  I want to get you accurate info.

Welcome to the forum, Boncarlos2!

If you have the actual copy of the lab report, can you post exactly what it says?  I don't want to throw out a guess right now because some of the decimal points are not making sense.  I want to get you accurate info.

Details

Past results

Graph of past results

Comments from the Doctor's Office

orders in computer to repeat urine test after you've finished the antibiotics

Component Results

Component Standard Range Your Value

TISSUE TRANSGLUTAMINASE IgG <0.90 Index 0.14

Tissue transglutaminase IgA <0.90 Index 0.36

General Information

Collected:

04/08/2010 12:17 PM

Resulted:

04/09/2010 7:42 PM

That is a different scale then we usually see.  I'm not sure which is your number and which is the index number but I'm thinking with your first post, your number is the .14 and the .36, both of which are less then the .9 which would mean your Celiac tests are negative if they only use that information.  There are a lot of factors that are not shown here, namely, are your IgA and IgG total numbers normal.

That is a different scale then we usually see.  I'm not sure which is your number and which is the index number but I'm thinking with your first post, your number is the .14 and the .36, both of which are less then the .9 which would mean your Celiac tests are negative if they only use that information.  There are a lot of factors that are not shown here, namely, are your IgA and IgG total numbers normal.

Sorry I am still confused. those are the only tests that they ran. I have all the classic symptoms i could go on with the list of tehm. Afer reading so much i wonder,  would my IGA be considered low enough to throw off the false negative ? Or is this a reasonably reliable negative to rule out celiac?