Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

notme!

Anywhere Good/safe To Eat In Panama City, Fl?

i am going to lynn haven, fl, to visit family (getting a new grandbaby!  yay!!!) and spend some holiday time with daughter and her family.  they like to cook, but aren't gluten-free by any means.  i'm thinking, if i can find somewhere safe, that i could pick up a few meals so that they wouldn't have to worry about what they're making for me.  they have a 3 y.o. and will be dealing with a newborn, so, any less stress for them would be my goal.  

anybody have any good places they could share?  thanx so much :)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

well, here are a two places i ate safely in panama city, florida:  bonefish (pretty safe chain restaurant, we have found that their employees are well versed for the most part)  and red elephant <pizza place with a grill)   i ate there 3 times with no difficulty.   the pizza is decent, and the staff was very helpful.   whenever the waitress(es) had a question, they came back with the 'right' answer.  three times!  i know, rolling the dice, but for the first few days my daughter was home with a newborn, it was helpful to be able to eat without actually cooking :)  we even took the princess (3 y.o.) and they passed muster (crayons and coloring book for her) so, i would recommend it  ;)

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

Join eNewsletter

Congrats on the new grandbaby!

How about making a few gluten free casseroles, freezing them, and taking them with you? Then you could eat and the new mom wouldn't have to worry about cooking either.

~Ruth

Gluten free since 2/14/2010 after suffering a rare and serious complication from my gluten challenge

Join eNewsletter

thank you!  :)  we were due for an ugly one, but he's beautiful, so i guess we'll hafta try for next time ;)  ;)

that's a good idea, ruth - i have done exactly that in the past when i am sure i can't use <by, use, i mean completely take over lolz) someone else's kitchen.  but, daughter has stainless steel (cuisinart - droooool i was so jealous lolz) cookware and lots of glass pans, etc.  i brought a cutting board, colandar, wooden spoons, a basting brush, etc - things i knew would be suspect if we used hers, and just brillo-ed as we went.  covering pans in tinfoil if we needed to, etc.  the eating out part was just easier if we wanted to be lazy.  plus, the hubs and i are late eaters - probably never eat supper before 7pm - and they were on the early schedule (5:30?  what??!!) so, when everybody ordered food, i could eat whenever i was hungry.   i was so happy to be able to be lazy if i wanted to  :)  

anyways, i hope this helps anyone traveling in the area.  we found it with the findme gluten free app - very helpful - also steered us away from that particular 5 guys, but there is one close by.  if you dare....  lolz

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online