Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

w8in4dave

Fibromyalgia

I was just DX'd with fibromyalgia, Is it pretty common among Celiacs?? I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy! hurts to pick up a tea cup!

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

So sorry to hear that. My Mom has had it for 15 years. I know it is very painful and frustrating as the pain moves around and never makes any sense.

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

I've been wondering the same thing also. I've had times where i can't even lift 2 lbs without feeling like it weighs 10 or 20 lbs. My dr referred me to a rhuemotologist who said that she did think i had fibromyalgia and she wanted to run more test to rule out other things and that's how i got diagnosed with celiac also. I always had the symptoms for both since i was little but its been a hard couple months, I got sick in September and have been dealing with it severe symptoms of both since then. 

Join eNewsletter

I had arthritis like symptoms, that would come and go, which sounded a lot like that.  I would get fatigues, flusih, and then it would hit for a few weeks to months.  It would get pretty severe to the point where scissors and pens were pretty hard to use and there was very little strength in the affected joints.  It got better gluten-free but it was my symptoms that took the longest to improves.  After two years gluten-free it is mostly gone. There was very little improvement in the first year gluten-free, I'm afraid... But that could be just me

Best wishes

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Oh my I never felt this kind of pain before. I have been gluten-free for over a year. This just started right about two weeks before Thanksgiving I was driving home from my step daughters. It was icy and snowing out and when I went over a high level bridge I was shaking un controllably... It reminded me of when I leave my dog alone, He has separation anxiety, so yea I was shaking. Ok so I get home and things are good , But doesn't take long a few days and Hubbs and I are headed up north. I woke up with such bad pain, I blamed it for sleeping wrong, but later figured it was something eles going on. I had a bad cold blamed it on that. But still It hurts so bad. Gets better at night. Kinda ,It is crazy! It does move around! I have always prided my self for not having head aches and bam! Started having them. I do have another auto immune disease So once you have one your likely to have another.So I hear anyway, I think Fibro is an auto immune. Cannot swear to it. Is it common for Celiacs?? Just curious about that. I guess It doesn't matter Dr. Says it's my problem. I won't take all the stuff they have out there for it. I will suffer thru. Hopefully the weather is good and I can deal. It is what it is! Just like Celiac and everything eles! Deal with it!

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

Join eNewsletter

Gentle exercise is helpful for those with fibromyalgia. It can help with depression too -- because it is really depressing to have it! My mom's weirdest symptom is feeling cold inside and piling on the blankets does not help. Happens at the same time of day (around noon). She gets most of her work done first thing in the morning. Naps help as well.

I do not recommend Lyrica. She took that med for two months and gained 30 pounds! That is one of the side effects. Another is suicide. She figured if she gained that much weight that fast, she might end up killing herself. She stopped that medication. She mostly uses over-the-counter pain meds and heating pads or the kind you heat in the microwave.

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

I don't know if it will help you but my fibro symptoms seemed to be linked to soy. After I dropped soy the fibro issues resolved.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ferguston
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts