Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lissa283

Positive Ttg But Negative Antireticulin?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yes.  :(  The reticulin tests were not that reliable and missed too many celiacs.  Not many labs still use them.  The tTG IgA is the most common tests with a specificity to celiac disease of 95%.  Most likely you have celiac disease.

How do you feel about that diagnosis? Does it seem to fit?

Welcome to the board.  :)

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

That's probably a match then.  :( Welcome to the club.  ;)

Are they planning on doing the endoscopic biopsy to confirm the diagnosis?  If so, you'll need to be eating gluten in the 2-4 weeks prior to the procedure so you may not want to go gluten-free yet if you are having it done.  Many celiacs find it really tough to go back on gluten after starting to feel better.

The biopsy is not necessary for a diagnosis though - I skipped it. If you and your doctor are comfortable with the diagnosis, then definitely stay gluten-free.

I hope you continue to feel better. If you experience any withdrawal symptoms in the next week or so, just remind yourself that it only last a couple of weeks.  Best wishes.  :)

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

That's probably a match then.   :( Welcome to the club.   ;)

Are they planning on doing the endoscopic biopsy to confirm the diagnosis?  If so, you'll need to be eating gluten in the 2-4 weeks prior to the procedure so you may not want to go gluten-free yet if you are having it done.  Many celiacs find it really tough to go back on gluten after starting to feel better.

The biopsy is not necessary for a diagnosis though - I skipped it. If you and your doctor are comfortable with the diagnosis, then definitely stay gluten-free.

I hope you continue to feel better. If you experience any withdrawal symptoms in the next week or so, just remind yourself that it only last a couple of weeks.  Best wishes.   :)

I don't think i'm going to do the biopsy. I can't wait another 6 weeks to find the answer when it's probably true.  I feel just too terrible most days.  I think I may just go gluten free and have my labs rechecked and see if there is improvement.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter