Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carolynhunter@wildblue.net

Need Knowlegible Dr., Willing To Co-Treat Elder/disabled With Recent "positive Gluten Dna"result

i need a good ( hopefully nearby to oroville,CA.)   doctor with recent knowlege of how a severe gluten allergy can be treated, to limit exacerbation of  adrenal and other physical problems.

i do have medicare as primary, and CalPers,secondary insurance,

but can hardly drive far and walk too.  local referring hospitals and etc  have nothing to offer.

Hopefully you will call or write to me asap

as my regular dr, is out of town, and i need immediate treatment? or ?

e mail  ASAP, to  carolynhunter@wildblue.net 

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't know any doctors there.  I bet there are some GI docs in Sacramento that would be good.  

I am not sure why you need immediate medical treatment?  Celiac disease doesn't usually need a lot of treatment besides the gluten free diet.  If you are having some sort of issue that can't wait for your doctor to come back - is there a doctor covering his/her practice?  or The Emergency room if you are having some extreme issues?

Join eNewsletter

I don't know any doctors there.  I bet there are some GI docs in Sacramento that would be good.  

I am not sure why you need immediate medical treatment?  Celiac disease doesn't usually need a lot of treatment besides the gluten free diet.  If you are having some sort of issue that can't wait for your doctor to come back - is there a doctor covering his/her practice?  or The Emergency room if you are having some extreme issues?

thanks......... but my condition is more serious than most gluten intolerant people..... therefore 'time is more important in  my complicated case.. and a knowlegable dr. could help my regular doc help me to stay alive.

Join eNewsletter

thanks......... but my condition is more serious than most gluten intolerant people..... therefore 'time is more important in  my complicated case.. and a knowlegable dr. could help my regular doc help me to stay alive.

Have you been diagnosed with Celiac disease?  Are you looking for a GI for that?  Even if you are already diagnosed,  there isn't much for a doctor to do.  

Join eNewsletter

Heres a reliable site with good info about Celic disease -

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/living-with-celiac/guide/treatment

"The only treatment available

When you have biopsy-diagnosed celiac disease, you will be instructed to begin a gluten-free diet....."

Also, just a positive DNA for Celiac does not mean you have Celiac. About 30% of people have the gene but only about 1% have Celiac. You would want to get some antibody blood tests & maybe an endoscopy with biopsies.

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/archives/faq/how-does-a-genetic-test-rule-out-celiac-disease

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter