Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beadgirl

Question About Blood Tests And Results

Hello everyone!

I've received my blood test results after being on the gluten challenge, it seems they are negative. I do have a question though regarding the tests done - there is no AGA - IGA as I have seen on some other tests.. is this important?

Results:

IGG   9.10 g/L    (7.0-16.0)

IGA   1.69 g/L    (0.7-4.0)

IGM  1.39 g/L    (0.4-3.0)

AGA igG   <7

T-glutaminase   <1

(Negative is <20)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Getting as many celiac tests done as possible is always a good idea because the tests can miss a minority of celiacs, up to 25%.  You are missing quite a few of the tests.  If you still suspect celiac disease could be a problem for you, you may want to request more tests.  This is all of them:

• tTG IgA and tTG IgG  (tissue transglutaminase)
  • DGP IgA and DGP IgG (deaminated gliadin peptides)
  • EMA IgA (endomysial antibodies)
  • AGA IgA and AGA IgG (anti-gliadin antibodies) - an older, less reliable test largely replaced by the DGP tests 
  • endoscopic biopsy (6+ samples taken)

You need to still be eating gluten for the tests to be accurate.

The AGA IgA ia not overly important.  The DGP tests, and the other tTG test would serve you better if you test more.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Thank you very much nvsmom. I am having a biopsy in a fortnight. I will definitely request those tests!

ETA: Does anyone know if all of these tests are available in Australia?

It also says on my results that the AGA IgG result is the "deaminated gliadin peptide igG antibody".... is that the AGA test or DGP?

Join eNewsletter

Thank you very much nvsmom. I am having a biopsy in a fortnight. I will definitely request those tests!

ETA: Does anyone know if all of these tests are available in Australia?

It also says on my results that the AGA IgG result is the "deaminated gliadin peptide igG antibody".... is that the AGA test or DGP?

The deaminated gliadin peptide igG is the DGP IgG test, but  AGA IgG stands for anti-gliadian antibody IgG .... at least in North America. If they said it was the deaminated gliadin peptide test then I would assume it was what we call the DGP test.  I have no idea why they called it the AGA though....

Perhaps try asking if it is the newer test (came out about 5 years ago I think) or the older gliadin test, that could clarify it for you.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter